03.27.13 - 05:16pm
Klaas and I are working on new features and refactored some code in csync. We are working on getting a new release ready soon but it isn’t easy. As we change a lot of stuff we also need to write tests for this and make sure the new code design is robust and we don’t forget any corner cases. Writing a file synchronizer isn’t easy. If you have bigger mistakes you can loose your data which should never happen.
Here is a list of changes so far:
- Added New logging system to get rid of the dead log4c library
- Added Capabilities support for modules
- Added Windows support
- Addded iconv support for non-UTF8 filesystems
- Added ownlcoud support
- Changed from check to cmocka unit testing framework
- Add Better return codes and information for the user
- Add possibility to pass more variables to modules
- Add put()/get() method support to modules
- Add an abort callback to stop the synchronization
After that the plan is to relicense the library from GPL to LGPL.